350Z GT ROAD / TRACK / DRIFT

VTC

So heres the start of my project. The idea is to create a solid allrounder that I can enter into a few events, do some track days and get some sideways action going on both tarmac and gravel and still drive it on the road.

This car possibly already has:

• Stillen Supercharger and bonnet
  • Stoptech Ally Belled Discs
  • Stoptech Iron Drilled Discs
  • DC Sports Exhaust
  • Ferodo DS2500 Front & Rear Pads
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Tein Superstreet with Upper Mounts
  • 18" TSW Thruxtons

Now I say possibly as I'm not totally convinced about the brake setup but I think its a decent foundation to build off.

The bad bit are:

• Body work has seen better days - Rust on rear arches, front bumper is in a bad way, supermarket dings in the doors.
  • Wheels need a refurb
  • Lights are cloudy
  • Bits of trim missing
  • Seat bolsters are badly scuffed
  • Engine seems temperamental depending on weather

So here's the short-term plan to start:

• Clean the MAF and full service (oil, dif, gearbox, coolant, oil filter, sparkplugs)
  • Get some diagnostic equipment so I can read the ECU (recommendations welcomed)
  • Service the supercharger - might need a new gasket
  • Look at the fuelling - I'm sure this car was running lean so I'll pull the spark plugs and look at the MAF first and go from there.

Mid-term plan if the engine is ok (not in any particular order):

• Front Bumper - I've had a look and they don't seem that easy to find and seem expensive!? I would swap it out for a bash bar but I don't think those are legal on a street car.
  • Wheels - I'm tempted to get the Thruxtons refurbed as they do look nice but I also want a couple of sets of Rays or something more rally orientated.
  • Strip out - I want to have a look at everything so I'll strip the interior out just to check.
  • Get under the car and check everything - Already thinking I'll get front & mid brace plus aluminium undertray.
  • Hydro brake - again recommendations welcomed.
  • Cold air intake - I'm still 50/50 on this at the moment.
  • Rev shifter gauge
  • Bumper quick release - 50/50 so undecided.
  • Sort out the rust
  • Sort out the windscreen surround issues
  • Sort out the boot opening issue
  • Seats - I'd like to get something more snug but also like the electric & heat lol. I'll take any recommendations on these too.

I'm sure theres probably a few bits I've forgotten to add but I'm sure you get the idea. As much as I want to do this as quickly as possible, realistically it will most likely take some time due to other commitments and budget etc.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

IMG_3821.jpeg

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3826.jpeg

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

Edited by VTC
  • Like 1