Slave cylinder info

evilscorp

Think I may have ran into an issue with my koukicuda build, I’ve fitted a transmission which I believe maybe from a later spec car and I am sure I used the smaller pivot ball but I am sure my slave cylinder is my spare from my 350z which is an 03.

From looking on here Adrian had posted a side by side picture of earlier 03-04 slave and a later 05- slave which seems to have a spacer at the front which will allow the piston to move further outward in comparison to the main body of the unit.

basically I need to find the measurement from the centre of the slave mounting bolt (smallest distance one) to the tip of the piston (or where it touches the fork arm) when the clutch isn’t depressed.

I would just buy a 05 slave but I’ve stupidly just made my custom stainless Teflon line and filled it with fluid.

not sure if I will pop the piston out if I press the clutch down, or bend the rod due to being too long a travel.

Edited by evilscorp

Looked in the trash and found the old slave off the tranny, It doesn't appear to be different from my new slave and there is no extended/spacer/guide at the front. I can only assume it was either fitted incorrectly by someone previously or one of the years nissan was doing improvements;- cast thick clutch fork, small pivot ball but less sturdy/long guide for slave cylinder.

Need to wait for a new fitting as I nearly wrecked my master cylinder by using a M10x1.25 thread when its a M10x1.0 for the s14a.

Fortunately I had not done it up tight and the threads aren't cross threaded, just noticed the leak after I put some cardboard under it overnight. 

Guess I will just test the clutch and hope it works otherwise its £50 for a new slave which I really need to stop spending money on this project and get it driving.

Nevermind answered my own question, managed to adjust the clutch pedel to allow free rotation of the gearbox output shaft when in 4th gear and pedel pressed then unable to turn when the clutch pedel is up. 

The conversion pedel had come off a high milage car so was completely backed off and the stopper nearly all the way down.