Sub Size?

robs1979

Hi guys,

I'm sure the answer is available on here somewhere but cant see it. Can someone tell me what size the subs are behind the drivers seat? I have x2 10 inch subs in a box that I was thinking of taking out the box and replacing the originals if they would fit. Anyone done it?

Rob

The enclosure behind the seat won't be big enough for two 10" subs volume wise. There is just one in the standard location. You would need to use the passenger cubby as well.

Why are you using two 10" subs btw? :)

ah yes - 10" but be very careful!

you probably wouldn't want to use the stock mounting position for your sub as it's not a very strong baffle and there's no sealed box in behind. If using stock location and putting a box in there you're looking for a 10" sub that will operate well in 0.6cu ft enclosure which would ideally be a custom built box.

Its only that i have the x2 subs anyway and thought it'd be good to use them if they fit. Not sure though if they would sound any good outside of the box anyway.

I thought that there were subs behind each seat?

Has anyone amped the subs and changed the side speakers?

Rob

Its only that i have the x2 subs anyway and thought it'd be good to use them if they fit. Not sure though if they would sound any good outside of the box anyway.

Rob

I havent fitted anything yet, but have comps, co-ax, 2 amps, 2 subs to install, got a custom box from a company called: elemental designs (www.edaudio.com), they are based in kent and have unloaded (empty) custom box's, type in 350z in search and have a look for yourself. kinda pricy, you may be able to get it cheaper on ebay.

Rob

Take a look in the ICE section at my thread on my new install. ;):)