Time to move on...

cs2000

Well, the time has come, after 7 years of ownership, my longest time every owning a single car (what, i get bored easily), last weekend i picked up a 2011 (2012 MY) Jaguar XF R. This monster comes with a buttery smooth 5.0ltr supercharged V8 with factory specs of 510BHP and 0-60 of under 5 seconds, not to shabby for almost 2 ton's of car B)

After 3 days of ownership, i contacted some well respected mappers in the Jaguar XF scene and had their map loaded onto the car, which now means 570bhp and 700nm of torque. Genuinely a scary thing to drive at speed now, the acceleration is mind blowing.

The Z, by no means is it a slow car, but the XF R simply redefined for me what a fast car actually feels like. After a single test drive i was sold. Its the best of both worlds car. Great amount of interior space for people and things (needed as you grow up and start thinking about a family) but stupid fast for when im on my own and want to have a play. It is sadly noticeably less stiff than the Z, but it really isnt designed to be the same type of vehicle!

In the 7 years of ownership, the Z went from a bog standard vehicle

IMG_1820-M.jpg

To something i truly enjoyed driving and indeed building. She was/is by no means a show car, shes has tatty paintwork and a smokey exhaust thanks to failing valve stem oil seals, but shes mine and i love her!

97d7d2b6-7e4a-4424-800d-3fc15841f8db-M.j

I had the amazing pleasure of attending multiple Japfests and met some amazing people there and through this club as a whole. Things that im truly happy ive experienced over the years!

Il still be sticking around the club, some genuinely good people here and i still have my electronics goodies to sell over at https://www.cs2000-z-tech.co.uk/

For now, il leave you with some images taken after 7 hrs of cleaning and polishing the new whip :lol:

IMG_4888-M.jpg

IMG_4887-M.jpg

IMG_4889-M.jpg

The Z is now sold to a friend who i work with, he is intimately familiar with its issues and it will be used and abused by him, just as it has been during my ownership, so at least il get to see it when im in the office! He's collecting it next Thursday, but for now its SORN on my driveway looking all sorry for itself!

:wave: Bye Bye Z, has been a blast!

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 5