Clutch Problems

Shane450

I have an 07 350z and the clutch is slipping more and more each day now. I am at the point where i need to stop being lazy and get it sorted out. The car is completely stock and i have no intention of changing in the near future. Can anyone recommend some options? i am not really a car guy so i don't really know what im talking about when it comes to this type of stuff. 

Is it worth buying new? I have also heard that doing a clutch resurface can be good, does anyone have experience with this?

I appreciate any feedback! 

Hey dude, I'm guessing you're the Shane from fb =) 

Should be able to get some good advice here. I imagine zmanalex will be along at some point, if not then drop him a pm. 

Best place to get a new clutch & flywheel will be Zmanalex, I believe the HR's have a poor CSC so this should be swapped at the same time, as well as putting on a braided clutch line.

Do you plan on doing it yourself or will you be paying a garage?

From a quick look on the forum, OEM clutches for the HR are very expensive and a lot of people go for the Xtreme single mass flywheel (instead of a dual) - however this will cause a lot of noise at low rpms.

https://h-dev.co.uk/product/350z-hr-xtreme-clutch-single-organic-kit-inc-smf-and-csc-kni25688-1a-copy/?v=79cba1185463 - here's a link for a full kit, probably best to pm Zmanalex first though to see what he has available.

FYI, my HR had a new Nissan clutch fitted (before I purchased it) @ Fast Eddy's in Norwich and this cost around £2,000 including parts & labour

Edited by Kryptek49
  • Like 1

Literally in the same boat as you! I’ve been told to go for this

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-370z/xtreme-clutch-nissan-350z-z33-vq35hr-engine-370z-z34-vq37hr-engine-05-clutches.html

gives you a near same feeling as standard but will give you more  acceleration  As it has a lighter flywheel .. standard from nissan is dual mass and in the £2.5-£3 Mark !! And it just gives you a ever so slight smoother drive but less acceleration 

the link I’ve attached is for HR 350z they do one for DE as well 

Yes doom, that’s me! Cheers dude :D 

in regards to who who will be doing it.. I may have some friends who might be able to fit the parts so hopefully the labour won’t cost too much! 

I will have a look at the links you guys have sent now, it seems that the choice is very limited for HR engines. 

I appreciate the feedback!