Tracking out

janz70

Hi all, got a little problem, hit a rather large pothole last week disguised as a puddle and the steering has started to judder when I take a sharp left over 30mph over the last week - does that sound like its thrown the tracking out or it it more serious :headhurt:

Sorry just noticed this is in the wrong section - mods can you move it - cheers

Will have a look tomorrow if it ever stops raining.

No eggs on tyre - free range or otherwise (tyre in good cond with about 7mm tred)

Wheel seems sound, as does the bearing (no movement)

Tends to most noticable on roundabouts turning right then immediately left to exit (judders when s/wheel turned from right to left).

Doesn't wander or pull in a straight line or under braking :surrender:

Well had a good look and cant see anything obvious, I'll take it to get the tracking laser aligned (National Tyres doing it for £11 at the mo believe it or not ) and have them check out the steering/ track rods while they are under the car.

If I need a track rod end, how much are we taliking and who sells them in uk, want to aviod the stealers if possible ( mines a 35th Ani JDM) thats if they'll touch it.

Found some in USA for about $50 each (without delivery obviously) and they didnt seem a special part , all were priced the same, but no part numbers

• 1 month later...

Just to keep everybody up to speed, the problem was traced to a low level of the PAS fluid :headhurt:

wasnt very low or empty just about 5 ml below the cold min level but I guess thats all it takes - topped up with dexton III PSF and all symptoms disappeared after a day or two :wacko:

Just to keep everybody up to speed, the problem was traced to a low level of the PAS fluid :headhurt:

wasnt very low or empty just about 5 ml below the cold min level but I guess thats all it takes - topped up with dexton III PSF and all symptoms disappeared after a day or two :wacko:

:yahoo: a cheap fix for a change :thumbs:

(normally the opposite occurs :scare: )

• 9 months later...

I've noticed my Zed has the same problem and only seems to be at fairly fast left turns. Been worried that there's something serious wrong with it :wacko: . Hope to god that it's only just that now. First thing i'm gonna check when i get back to my car.