Sucking at HU install, help!

Hey all =) 

Wiring in a JVC head unit KW-X830BT. I have the incartec 29-674 and 29-004 wiring harnesses. 

I've tried following guides and trouble shooting but to no avail.

I have grounded to the chassis and I have power, but I have no sound.

I have been following CS2000s guide 

I'm vaguely confused by a couple of bits which may be contributing to my problem.

In the guide, he has a blue white wire on the ict harness (check) and one free on his head unit (I don't) which he connects. I have a blue yellow cable marked up as remote cont on one side of label, and steering wheel remote input on the other. As it says remote cont, as does the wire in the guide I have connected it to my ict blue white. So blue white to blue yellow. There is a blue white cable from the HU but that goes from HU to ISO and manual says Power Control (12v 350mA). That's the first point of ambiguity and possible error. 

The second is that my ict harness has a 3.5mm jack and a brown wire to connect for steering wheel controls. My HU has a mic in at the back, and an in at the front, neither of which seem to work (which I suspected they wouldn't). Do I need to lop off the 3.5mm and splice this in somewhere? (possibly to the blue yellow previously mentioned which says steering wheel remote input on one side of wire and remote cont on the other).

If I were to guess, I would splice my blue white for Amplifier remote turn on into the other blue white marked as power control 12v, and cut the jack plug and splice with the blue yellow (no idea what to do with brown) but I could do with someone who is better at life than I am providing advice before I go chopping things up! 

Pics if they help... 

IMG_20180804_115701.jpg

IMG_20180804_115717.jpg

IMG_20180804_115732.jpg

IMG_20180804_115759.jpg

Ok, sorted the steering wheel control, brown connects to blue yellow! That just leaves the question of whether blue white splices into blue white!

Solved, it was as I thought! :) Spliced in the blue white and it is working now, might have to do the buster loudness mod though, I can max out volume without ear harm.