Small List of Issues, Help Please

Gothnak

Hi All, we got a 350z about 4 years ago, and in that time i've often popped on here to identify and fix various issues from a broken ignition coil, stuck brakes and an intermittent camshaft sensor issue (That one was fun to find out as it kept randomly stalling in hot weather!), so first of all i'd like to say thanks for all the help. I'll be honest, i don't fix it myself, but i have a very friendly and very cheap local high performance garage owner who does the work for us.

So, with that in mind, we have a few new issues to take to him, and i'd like to have a list of potential fixes from the experts for him to investigate. I think i've found the fix for one, but the other two I can't find, so any help would be great.

1. Clicking when pulling away.

So, i'm pretty sure it is this...

But we took it to a local garage dealer in Devon this summer and he said it was the bearings in the driveshaft and was a £1k job as the whole thing needed replacing.

2. An intermittent elastic band twang sound when using the clutch.

This is pretty minor, but sounds to me as if something is catching sometimes when the clutch pedal is depressed or let go. The thing is, it isn't at a consistent time, but it is usually at slow speeds while changing gear. I did a bit of googling and thought it might be worth getting him to look at the assist spring and see if something has broken off? The sound itself seems to come from the area between the footwells, rather than the clutch pedal itself though, it is pretty quiet.

3. A slight judder when the accelerator pedal is released.

Out of the three, this is the one that actually worries me. It doesn't have a sound associated it with it, but when you fully release the accelerator to drive at a constant speed (or let friction slow down slightly), there is a definite slow down/minor drop of revs for half a second before it settles. My wife says it feels like when the cruise control is on as the car is sticking to a certain speed, but obviously the CC isn't on in this case, and it can occur at any speed, just when the accelerator is let off. It also can go for days without happening, and therefore when we last took it to the garage, it decided to have a good day. I didn't know if the problem might be in the actual pedal, that the internals are bouncing slightly when it comes to rest.

Has anyone seen anything similar, i didn't quite know how to search for that one online. Accelerating is absolutely fine, engine sounds great, so i really think it is something telling the engine to brake slightly that is the problem or maybe it goes to settle at the accelerator slightly down?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike........