Weapon-R Power Steering Reservoir

Silky

Evening all,

I brought a Weapon-R Power Steering Reservoir and eventually fitted it last weekend, once I had, my power steering started playing up (a little shaky, stiff every so often, very noisy once warm) I thought there might be some air in the system so I bled it.  Took a couple of hours to make sure I got it all out until there were no bubbles (I had to do this with the engine off as with it on the fluid would shoot out of the tank unlike with the OEM tank). This did not work was just the same as before.

I then pumped the fluid out completely with an oil pump just in case air was trapped. Replaced all the fluid and filled the tank up, went lock to lock for a while to make sure and no luck still the same.

After all of theses attempts at fixing it the fluid was foamy with bubbles after a 15 min drive.

I have just changed the tank back to the OEM and was able to go lock to lock with the cap off and engine on to get any air out after the OEM change and the power steering seems fine now.

Was purely the Weapon-R tank causing the problem. I noticed that the EOM has a plastic plate just above the entrance and exit holes stopping the fluid shooting out and stopping it jumping around and making it all foamy.

Has anyone had any success with the Weapon-R tank and does yours have a plate in the bottom to stop the fluid splashing around and picking up air and getting foamy and can you take your cap off with the engine running?

Sorry for the long post but I've been pulling my hair out over this and spent nearly every night trying to fix it as i really wan the new tank in the engine bay :wacko:

Thx

James