350z brakes

gtr-r33

Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i couldn't find a brake specific discussion place.

Not been on the forum for around 7 years but still have my 350z which has been sat doing nothing for around 5 of those years

Anyway, For some unknown reason my 350z basically has milk bottle cap brakes (not the usual brembos) i don't know if this is because its one of the first 350z's being a 2002??

Im just wondering if anyway has rough prices for a brake kit aftermarket? Ive got 19" wide spoked alloys so would like something to fill the gap in the wheel abit OR anyone know what sort of price is good to pay for some original brembos??

Thanks in advance and again sorry if this is the wrong section

Edited by gtr-r33

You have a base model import I assume, I do too. I picked up my full set of brembo calipers for about 500 quid. In order to fit them to your car you will need new brake lines compatible with brembo calipers (get stainless braided, it's an opportunity), new backing plates from any second hand car, brush em up and paint em yourself (you do want these, or the inner pads will get eaten way before the outers), and the 4 bolts that hold the rear calipers on are different, so you'll need those too. Then it's just discs and pads. Figure about a grand all in for a good set of second hand brembos fitted to the car all done with new discs and pads.

Your bottlecap brakes are actually fine for road use, and the brembos are only about 15% better, but of course a BBK will run you a fair bit. Forum vendors that can help you out...

torqen.uk - has a lot of discs and pad choices as well as the brembo bolts available separately and a good choice of BBK's including his own brand, which are on some very nice cars.

MTEC - own brand OE quality discs are very well priced

tarmacsportz.co.uk - good selection of discs and pads, BBKs.

Edited by Aashenfox

Thanks for the very good reply buddy!

The brakes i have are good but as ive got big wheels with big open space between the spokes they just look pony, Purely want different brakes for looks rather than performance.

By the way yes mine is a early import so thats why then, Thanks for you response once again i'll be looking out for all the bits over next couple of months and get it all done :)