Speedo and Pod Speedo not working

kingsta89

Hey Guys,

I've done a lot of searching for this fault and seem to get a lot of different answers so hoping to grab a bit of help?

Basically, a couple of weeks ago my Speedo began working intermittently, then sometimes as I was waiting in traffic the Speedo would shoot up to about 100mph and then drop back down. Now both the main Speedo and Pod Speedo are not working at all.

What's strange though is odometer on the track timer on the pod is still registering mileage but nothing else is.

I've spent all day today trying to diagnose the fault and still nothing!

So far I've:

Checked all fuses in all 3 fuse boxes.

Cleaned connections to VSS on diff (both are registering voltage when wheel is rotated too).

Checked connections to A.C. module behind the heater controls.

Test pulse wire (white/brown) at A.C. module, you can see voltage and resistance fluctuate when the car is moving.

I've had the rear wheels off the floor today and I've driven it through all the gears whilst testing and cleaning different connections and still nothing.

Other than the Speed dial the rest if my Speedo is working fine with no warning lights, indicators are also working fine which steers me away from believing it could be the A.C. module it's self??

Any help at this point would be seriously aprreciated! Cheers guys.

Guessing you have an import, so presuming as you are showing miles per hour you have a speed chip converter in there somewhere, most likely behind the instruments, i had exactly the same problem on mine, the chip converters dont work well with can bus systems, you need a proper canbus unit,

http://www.ncs-syste...m8-k2m-390.html

So first thing to do, establish if you have a speed chip converter spliced into the wiring behind the instruments, involves removing the instruments which is pretty easy, should look like this:

http://www.sumopower...cartek-ck-un-09

If you have one of these, take it out, connect the oem wires back up, very easy as colour coded and see if you're speedo works correctly, if it does, get the first linked one and fit.

Edited by Jetpilot