No Sound from New Stereo

Stevie-Boy

Sorry guys, another audio problem. I've read everything I can and still can't find my answer so apologies for another audio issue. I have a 2006 facelift car with Bose system.

I've installed a new stereo, using the PAC rom harness and the ISO harness on the end into the car. Powered up fine, no sound. Turns out it's down to the amp not powering up and there is a blue wire on the PAC harness which needs to be wired up to something.

So, pull it all out again and the new stereo side looks fine. There is a blue wire for the amp remote coming out of either end of the PAC unit. The stereo end will just wire up to something coming from the back of the new stereo.

The car side is the problem. I can't find anything which isn't already wired up to something to hook the blue wire up to. Every wiring diagram I look at seems to declare different colours so I'm a bit stumped.

Any help appreciated!

Would love to know why this PAC unit doesn't plug the blue wire into something or at least come with instructions telling you it won't work as it is.

I am sorted with this now. Just in case anyone stumbles upon this on the future.

The blue remote wire from your PAC harness needs to plug into the smaller plug from your car harness. There is a plug opposite the single purple one. You need to get a pin and pin it into there. Then do the other side to your stereo remote wire and it all works.