ECU research

SherlockH

So I am looking at putting a 1JZ GTE VVTi in my 350, and I've decided a wiringspecialties Harness would be best as it keeps the OEM guages and tach, and also keeps the CANbus system. I've emailed regarding the cruise control, throttle body and traction control, to which I got the answer. The 1JZ ECU would work with the 1JZ ECTSi dbw throttle body but would need a standalone for the VQ35 throttle body.

I plan on running a full standalone (AEM Infinity 6) further down the line but to keep costs down at the start I'd like to just use the 1JZ OEM ECU.

Now it's just occurred to me, by running a 1JZ ECU will it effect the NATS and door locks and ignition barrel ? As I'd like to keep this system if possible.

Also does anyone know if the body harness control module will be affected ? I've looked through the service manual for the 350Z ECU but can't find any pinouts that feed the body harness ? So I'm guessing it's just a seperate module.

I was looking at the Syvecs 6GP ECU for this swap but it's damned expensive but I hear you can keep the traction control with it?

I seem to be having trouble getting my head around what feeds what, and how to remedy such problems as;

A) Keeping the traction control & ESC.

B) Keeping the A/C

C) Keeping the Cruise control

D) Keeping the NATS

Like I say I'm still in the planning stage, I've figured out how to get it all to mechanically line up, just not understanding the full electrics picture here.

So hopefully maybe someone in the know could help me understand or point me in the right direction. Hopefully the likes of Abby/Horsham/Ian/Adamski.

Basically the goal is to keep as much Nissan OEM circuitry as possible. There seems to be very limited information on the swap ive trawled through the internet as much as I can and haven't found any definitive answers info.