Rev drop in high gear help!!!

Conlonl

Hi guys got a question

I noticed whilst on the motorway that when I'm in a high gear at a rev count possibly below what it should be for the gear for example 2.5-3k in 6th ... when I put the gas on the revs will shoot up then drop slightly and start to gain again...only notice this happen in 5th and 6th and only way I can describe the feel is like the clutch is deployed, but it's not, there is no loss of power 1st through 4th no issue then 5th and 6th still pulls like a train but seems like the revs get to high to quick and then drop to where they should be...

I already know I have a clutch issue when putting on gas with the clutch at biting point the clutch stays half way until I release gas, could these be related? Understand this is a long and probably confusing message but and help or insight would be appreciated

Thanks

Luke

Sounds like slipping clutch

Think the test is put in 5th at a lower speed then floor it and it will go to high rpm but car not speeding up with that rpm, if you get what I mean sorry not explained well 😢

That's what I was told to do with mine and mine done exactly that then gradually got worse in all gears so new clutch for me

Drop some of the traders on here a PM and they will sort out options for you, Tarmc Sportz, Zmanalex, Cougar Store to name a few.

Your options in general are likely to be replace like for like with OEM (dual mass) or get a lightened flywheel - lightened will rev more freely, but do rattle.

• Like 1

I was lucky when I bought mine from a car dealer it was slipping a little when I took for test drive, so I bought car with the deal that a new clutch & flywheel would be supplied as spares so I could get a family friend (mechanic) to install nearer the time needed

Yes the garage to my surprise done it 😀

As mentioned above plenty of decent traders on here who will look after you with good price and various clutch brands

Edited by Wizza2000
  • Like 1