Hi, New 350z owner needing a little advice.

-G-

I have spoken to the garage and it is apparently the internal component of the oil pump which has failed. So the link I gave would supposedly be the problem? A Nissan one apparently lasts "only 40k". So the question is, surely just replace the oil pump.? Has anyone here even had to do this? How much should this be? I should be getting the car back today or tomorrow.

Thanks.

I don't know about that, my old DE was on its original pump and it was well over 80,000k. Perhaps because of the slightly thicker oil its thrown its hand in early? Who knows?

Good news :thumbs: that they think they've found the issue. Let us know how you get on once they fit a new pump.

Yeah, that's a possibility.

But yeah I agree, I'm sure there are many on here yourself included, that have surpassed 40k on the original pump.

I found another link which stated that the DE oil pump couldn't handle the increase in rpm that the revup oil pump could. But again, there's probably people on here that have had remaps and their original DE pumps are still ok.

I will have a look at other possible issues today and will update any info.

Cheers.

Hi. Just a quick update. I got it back from the garage today. (chose not to fit new pump as was sceptical) Started it up and it was fine. Psi about 50. Then drove it for about two mins around the block and it fluctuated, dropping down again to 5psi

I Topped up with about 500ml of oil and started it up and the psi stopped fluctuating. It read fine. Only dropping low when turning around corners. It runs spot on and the pressure seems fine. It's just the going around corners which is the issue.

I will keep an eye on it and will take it to Horsham Dev. Soon.