Code P0327 - knock sensor

Jords

Whilst removing the code for a dodgy lambda sensor me and my mechanic saw this code also on the log..

How many people have had this code? And from research I've found it can be the wiring harness rather than the knock sensor sometimes. Is that correct? I've bought both the sensor and the wiring harness to be sure.

My main question is why didnt this code throw up the eml? And would having this code mean the car is down on power? I can't say I've noticed but haven't driven the car much recently and don't thrash it when I do...

I believe the knock sensor advances and retards the timing to try and compensate for ignition knock. If the knock sensor isn't working I would suggest the ECU will not govern the timing properly and may effect performance slightly.

Im sure there are others on here that may be able to give you a more in depth analysis. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

hope your not using 95ron petrol could also be a historic code .

It never showed the eml, so I'm thinking it has been there for a little while. I only use vpower as shell is just down the road.

My mechanic wiped the code but we checked again after driving it and it had come back. The only reason we found that it was there was because a dodgy o2 sensor popped up and we checked the codes to be sure of the issue.

I'm not driving the car at the moment, so I'm not rushing to fix it even though I have the parts. I'm just struggling to find a garage that knows zeds and can work on quite a low car. The only place near me that could do it quoted 'the full day' to replace the sensor!