Air / Fuel Sensor issues

nickhowarth

Hey guys, my 350 isn't quite running right, she drives okay and the power seems to be okay but she's a little ruff running Idle.

Below in the attached picture you see the engine faults I have... All to do with the air/fuel flow.

I have tried cleaning the MAF, changing the air filter to factory but still no luck.

I get the impression there could be an air leek somewhere in the engine or the MAF needs replacing. Want to see if any of you guys have had similar issues or things I could try before I book it into the garage.

The car also has a G35 exhaust system on it, not sure if that will be triggering any issues.

Massive thanks in advance.

post-29087-0-05464900-1469011532_thumb.jpg

Cant even find those codes on my workshop manual, what reader are you using, and is it set correctly?

Lambda sensor codes start with 11.

Hello,

I am just plugging in a friends Snap-on Diagnostics scanner directly into my ECU to get the following engine codes. Everything would appear to be correctly setup.

Link of all Nissan 350z codes: http://www.my350z.co...ad.php?t=151170

Cheers,

Nick.

It would indicate that the main O2 sensors are not meeting the required readings, but just what the problem is a don't know as i cant cross reference those codes in my manual, so i cant tell you whether its a MAF problem or just the sensors, i would guess it heater related, or you would have one more code relating to the rich/lean on the other bank if it was the MAF.,but yes there could be an air leak in the manifold, or the plenum.

• Like 1

No worries! has it got a plenum spacer fitted, and/or a catch tank? they would be prime locations for an air leak, so unmetered air getting in, before going out and buying new lambdas, i would give the plenum join etc a spray with something like WD40 and see if you can spot a leak,

hope you get it sorted. :)

I'm not sure mate, I will need have a look. I will do that before for sure! If that was the case would it cause ruff Idle? and rumble in the exhaust?

I want every car I own to run perfect!! I will not rest until it is perfect ha!!