Exhaust Starting to Blow

Dicky

The cars done just over 30K now Liam. I’ve just had it down to Tyre Spot, out local tyre/exhaust dealer. The back box itself is sound; the blowing noise is coming from the first flange joint at the inlet to the box. The flange connection (box side) has cracked; apparently they’ve seen this before and said it was a common place for them to go. They offered to cut out this flange and insert a piece of st st pipe incorporating another flange which would cost approx £75 or to fit a stainless steel back box for £375. He did say the new box would sound throatier though. Decision time :wacko:

The cars done just over 30K now Liam. I’ve just had it down to Tyre Spot, out local tyre/exhaust dealer. The back box itself is sound; the blowing noise is coming from the first flange joint at the inlet to the box. The flange connection (box side) has cracked; apparently they’ve seen this before and said it was a common place for them to go. They offered to cut out this flange and insert a piece of st st pipe incorporating another flange which would cost approx £75 or to fit a stainless steel back box for £375. He did say the new box would sound throatier though. Decision time :wacko:

30K ish, mines pushin 37K...

I'd go for fixing the flange,,, like you say it's a decision which could save you 300 notes... Question is are your gonna keep for another 30K???

Well to be honest I wasn’t thinking about an old one, but thanks for the thought, The ebay item’s what I’m after but since my car’s an 04 with 30K on it I think this one might be a little close to death itself.

I’m off to Tyre Spot in the morning to have it checked and see where the problem actually is.

By the way, rang C.E.S in Chester, their delivered price incl vat is £281. That would leave me £114 to have it fitted---might do it myself and go out for a good drink on what’s left.

What colour car do you have Toon Chris I’ll keep an eye open for it, mines gunmetal. Just look for a devastatingly handsome, highly intelligent but slightly numerically challenged body driving it and that’ll be me :teeth:

Dicky

dont pay Nissan to fit it if you are going to buy a OEM one. Go to TDI North in warrington. Labour is half of what it is at Nissan. Should cost £49 to fit

do you recomend TDI to do the p 1...2...3 servicing.......... :)

Outside of warranty I'd say yes. :thumbs: