Done tape deck mod now head unit won't switch to tape

cov350z

So I've just done the tape deck mod to tide me over till I get a new head unit. But now it doesn't seem to want to switch to tape when I press the button nothing happens. Didn't press it before I did anything so don't know if it's ever worked any ideas guys? ??

Bose unit 03 gt zed no nav

It's been years since I wrote the guide, but wasn't there a spring or something to be removed? Either that or people were getting a blank cassette, pulling all the tape out of it and putting it in, tricking the system into thinking there was a tape in there. I went for the spring option as the tape being in leaves the door partially open which looks a bit meh.

EDIT: I updated the guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/45398-how-to-bose-phono-ipod-hack-guide/#entry686203

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

right guys i forgot to click the casset locator back in so that problem solved but as i took it apart i somehow knocked the ground off ( red circle) could i not solder a link to the points circled in blue to re connect?

DSCF2231Medium_zpsd0vgnobw.jpg

So you completely lost the solder pad? Yeah I guess if you trace the track to somewhere else and solder there it'd be fine, can't quite see on that pic. Once you've done it and you're 100% sure it's all working, you can put a blob of glue over it, then use a cable tie to tie the wire onto something as strain relief.

yep pulled it right off like a numpty :headhurt: im just messing around with it as im on a spending ban on the car (misses booked a holiday now i have to pay for it :scare: ) got plans for a custom tablet and head unit install but not allowed atm so thought i could do this with bits lying around ill crack on with it tomorrow see how i get on

I'm not going mad then :lol: my mrs works there too, I'm the blue (previously white) fiesta that sits there waiting until the end of time for her to finish. Small world! I think I watched your car being wrapped panel at a time each day you picked her up :p

ow so your the c**k in the ford hahaha just kidding small world it is certainly. its all coming back off in the summer dont like the material i used its fading to a pink and going very brittle so going to go for a matt red rather than a carbon red effect and pay a little more for the vinyl still diy though :p

whats your misses name ill ask mine if they know each other

could have car dates then haha

• Like 1

I did think it was a dazzling Pink. I'm only a **** when I'm raging at people who won't shift up the line when someone leaves the loading bay :lol: Britt is her name, i know it's a big place though so who knows how many people they employ in there.

im with you on the que thing my pet hate when i come round and some idiot is sat in the middle with nothing infront of them. if youve ever been shopping in there when its busy id say all of 3 people work there haha

ill ask her in morning shes gone to bed already while im " messing on that bloody computer" :bangin:

• Like 1