Does anyone know this Zed?

jowen7448

yes low oil pressure can cause the idle to stick higher and become erratic , although I have to say If I was to buy an HR I would budget to replace the gaskets anyhow

So today is the day I can actually finally go and view this car in the flesh. I have been thinking about the whole oil gallery gasket problem and wondering whether you think low oil pressure should be a deal breaker, or a tool for hefty bargaining. On the one side, if it currently is showing low oil pressure, I won't know how long this has been the case and whether any longer term damage has been caused, but if I can use that to get a large amount off the price does this make it worthwhile?

The other thing I guess is that it will be a 170 mile trip back home before I can book it in anywhere to have it fixed, I don't know how I would feel about driving all that way knowing that I am potentially starving the engine of oil.

I will keep my fingers crossed that all is ok, and am prepared to walk away if needs be but was wondering if you or anyone else had any thoughts on this matter.

Well, it wasn't to be. Got a call 2 hours into my journey south to say that the car had sold. Luckily I was heading that way anyway for work otherwise I would have been a bit niggled.

On another note I spotted this on the trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602221290553?radius=1500&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&postcode=ls42sa&searchcontext=default&sort=default&make=nissan&search-target=usedcars&model=350_z&page=1&maximum-age=up_to_9_years_old&logcode=p

It's a HR with GT pack and 40k miles, £6950. It's a vcar so I don't know how I feel about it for myself but could be a bit of a steal for someone.