pioneer headunit upgrade strange goings on

russyb

thats the bose set up right there mind....are you sure your system is non-bose lol!

does it have Bose written across the original HU? (HU=HeadUnit)

If it does then the reason it wouldn't get sound would be incorrect wiring as you had the wrong loom in the beginning if you bought the non-bose wire

This loom wouldn't have the connection to turn on the bose amp which is not built into the HU like it is with the new HU you have...

This however doesn't (or shouldn't rather) explain why you have no power to the HU at this moment. as if you have the remote and power connected to a 12v battery with a good ground it should turn the head unit on, which is what should have been solved when you joined the two wires before....

confuddled me for sure haha!

Well update us when you get the new loom and follow the page you posted with the new connection and see if you get lucky!

fingers crossed for you mate :)

yeah my headunit has bose written on it... but as it only has two plugs and no phono plugs at the back of it,

it was suggested it was non bose which made no sense to me, but ive been told theres a Sh*t ton of versions of bose HU I also have no steering controls

I would think you have the Bose system then to be honest, I'm not 100% on how many versions there are but I know there's a premium version and a standard version, the premium was included with the sat nav, controls on wheel and also a blue tooth module located in center console in the compartment closest to the back, I know that as it's the system in my 2006 350z lol!

The parrot must have a connection heading to either a speaker (if it just talks over the music and the music doesn't lower in volume) or a connection the bise amp located in the car, it will also have wires heading to sone power source, normally they hook them up to the in car charger port on the front passenger side.

It depends how the parrot works though, if the music drops or if it just talks over the music...

Also on what version of the parrot that's in your car, but in light of establishing it's the Bose system if you can fix the power and the get the right loom working you should be playing Justin Bieber back at full volume like before lmao! ;)

Looking at it I think you have the correct loom...try connecting the remote/power ant wire to the pink and red wire and see if it makes any noise... If the HU doesn't power up it may at least turn in the amp and give you a click or hiss noise from the speakers so you know at least something us working lol!

right I ordered a new ISO using part number supplied in above link above also copied exact wiring as link above and still absolutely nothing happens..

I'm almost convinced its a fuse or several but cant find them

also tried what u suggested above and still nothing happens very very strange