prolonging the life of flexes.

zebedy

Just a thought and wanted you guys opinions on this. Upon purchasing y-pipes weve all heard horror stories with the braided flexes whithering away before time. What if you were to wrap each flexy in exhaust wrapping bandage prior to fitting. Do you reckon this would prolong their life???

i would have thought bandage would be even more susceptible to wear than braided steel, so not really sure how it would help? thought most flexys go due to be rubbed across the floor too many times?

if you welded a sheath of steel round a flexy, that might help, but then you might as well do away with the flexy altogether?

I doubt it... wont stop any corrosion from inside the pipe by condensation, corrosive gases, heat stresses or mechanical stresses.

It would just stop road salt getting on it in the winter and maybe some mechanical protection.

Don't know if exhaust wrap is absorbant or not, could make it worst by holding moisture, I don't know :shrug:

• Like 1