squeeky clutch

Kieran_ctr

Its quite common, it can be a dry actuator arm pivot point, which if its accessible can be lubricated, it could also be the clutch release bearing, in which case there is nothing you can do, and sometimes its the clutch pedal itself which can be lubricated...if you can get at it.

I've noticed this as well with my clutch.. A squeal whilst clutch is pressed. Is there a guide of some sort to show which area to grease?

Squeal is often a dry release bearing which is sealed so cant be lubed, just replaced, it can also be a dry spigot bearing, but that's usually more a rumble/rattle.

I've noticed this as well with my clutch.. A squeal whilst clutch is pressed. Is there a guide of some sort to show which area to grease?

Squeal is often a dry release bearing which is sealed so cant be lubed, just replaced, it can also be a dry spigot bearing, but that's usually more a rumble/rattle.

https://vimeo.com/147712006

Thanks for the info... But anyone happen to know if this classed as a squeak or a squeal ? 😄