Key Fob / Alarm / Immobiliser

nievelc

HI,

So for the past few weeks i have been having a nightmare with the Z, started out with the unlock intermittently not working. This eventually manifested into the unlock not working, then the engine wouldn't start. to clarify this meant,

1. Key in ignition

2. turn first few notches, sounds like fuel pump primes

3. Turn to start starter

4. Hear click but no starter engaged.

Whilst waiting for the AA i figured i would get some new batteries (I was in a supermarket car park) and re-sync the fob using the following guide.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/prescience/350Z%20Images/keyfob.jpg

I managed to wipe the key then re-add it. Then for one of the less clever moments i tried to repeat and well the fob will not sync at all. I can get into programmable mode (hazards flash twice) but the dammed thing wont sync. AA turned up and push started to get me on my way.

What I have tried since,

1. I have tried re-syncing, can get into program mode but it will not recognize my key for love nor money,

2. Tried getting one of these from ebay but have the exact same result.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231734791976?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

3. Entered program mode with the master key then tried to sync entered program mode with normal key

4. Disconnected the battery for 20mins

5. Performed 'the pedal dance' to reset the ecu

In brief, new batteries in fob, can get into program mode but fob wont sync nor will new one

For the time being I basically have to open my door, lock the car from the internal lock and close all the doors. If I lock using the key the alarm springs into action each time I unlock and intermittently i do get the same failure to start but after a couple of clicks it works.

Any ideas bar going to Nissan?

• 1 month later...

After a couple of months reasearching the NATS alarm, getting quotes to have it replaced, no easy task and plenty of unncessary $$$. I decided to just have a tinker.

1. I have a new fob from ebay, looks the same, has the same spec on paper as my present fob too

2. I have the original fob

I grabbed 1x tiny screw driver and the pack of duracells i used to replace my original fob, added this to the second fob and tested.. no joy

opened the original fob and popped the battery out to keep safe before i checked the contacts... 'panasonic' looks like i managed to swap the battery twice somehow!! Bleeding eeeijat! :bang::fool:

So now with new battery, i put the car into program mode and the key sync'ed first time, for the first time in 2 months i can remote lock and unlock my car :cloud9:

Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...