Upgrading sound system advice

gumpy000

Right at present I'm upgrading my sound system from my oem BOSE system.

Iv had an offer from a mate which has made me think but my lack of knowledge on the topic, I may be mad.

He offered for free his Fli active trap 1000watt amp/sub. At first I immediately ssaid "no HAHAH they're @*!#!"

But then thought. For free, can I not just use this. Could this sub fit in the space where the current sub is. Or if I have it has it is, Can the amp be used to wire in new speakers?

Iv also, as many members here have, gone for the Alpine SPG 17C2.

If I used new wiring, could this work in any way?

Or as earlier am I just being mad?

HELP ME. LOL.

The Alpine SPG 17C2 is a coaxial package, so not sure why you would get those if you intended on fitting an amp.

To be honest I would forget the sub for now and just focus on the right front speakers and amp.

Alpine Type R's are nice, but all depends on your budget.

You have to weigh up your time, your budget and your DIY skills.

Basically if you want it the easy way then you just get some coaxial speakers and replace the BOSE ones, but you wont see much of a difference.

The hard way requires wiring an amp from the battery (easiest bit), then wiring from amp to the two doors and sound output device, then fitting component speakers which will include crossover and tweeter separately and usually you would add sound proofing to prevent as much vibration as possible.

Edited by iamtheoneneo
  • Like 1

The Alpine SPG 17C2 is a coaxial package, so not sure why you would get those if you intended on fitting an amp.

To be honest I would forget the sub for now and just focus on the right front speakers and amp.

Alpine Type R's are nice, but all depends on your budget.

You have to weigh up your time, your budget and your DIY skills.

Basically if you want it the easy way then you just get some coaxial speakers and replace the BOSE ones, but you wont see much of a difference.

The hard way requires wiring an amp from the battery (easiest bit), then wiring from amp to the two doors and sound output device, then fitting component speakers which will include crossover and tweeter separately and usually you would add sound proofing to prevent as much vibration as possible.

Thank you for the reply. Well good timing. Tonight I put all the wiring in for an amp. I'm guessing this is the same wiring as a sub? Checked everything was working by connecting the crap fli sub and it works. So now would I just disconnect the sub and as you say just rewire the speaker wires?