Airbag light error - help with code?

maverick

Hi everyone,

I have a poorly Zed :(

This issue has been on-and-off since I bought it in February. I've reset the airbag light a few times over the last number of months but the issue has finally held it's ground, so I need to fix it.

I pulled the airbag code as usual. I was expected the long flashes indicating "no code found" (which is what I have got before) however this time I got this;

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v58/kadrean/Mobile%20Uploads/20150719_143333_zpsy8aumojp.mp4

I can't find the exact flash sequence on the SRS manual. The closet I got was indicative of the front RH pretensioner, although the flashes are in the wrong order (mine is long flash, long flash, short flash but the SRS manual states its long flash, short flash, long flash)

Has anyone seen this before, and can they confirm which fault this is going on about? I'm obviously worried about driving my car while this issue is present, and I want to try fixing it myself before handing it over to the garage (along with my credit card...)

Any help is appreciated :)

According to the USA service manual, the 2 long, 1 short pulse train indicates a problem with the right-hand side airbag module circuit (right seat airbag). You may have a loose connector under the seat.

Thanks. I can see that this matches with the fault flashes I'm getting. I've checked under the seat but cannot see anything untoward; everything looks okay and a little wiggle about proves the connections are good

I'm wondering if simply disconnecting it and reconnecting it may help?

Otherwise I assume I'd have to take it to a garage and have them replace the side airbag if it's actually faulty?

Disconnecting and reconnecting might help. You could also check the connector contacts for corrosion. Just be very careful. Any stray voltage could deploy an airbag. The service manual recommends disconnecting both battery cables and waiting at east 3 minutes before doing any work on the airbags.