Jump to content

DUKE

Members
  • Posts

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DUKE

  1. Update I popped into Glynn Hopkins Nissan in Milton Keynes to show them the old burnt out relay and they could not track it on their parts list, I would have had to have bought a complete replacement fuse/relay tower at £375 plus VAT............NO WAY I am a person who doesn't give up that easily so I had him go through the nissan relays till one of them looked right, didn't take long as there are only 3 different types/sizes, I think the one I chose was from a Micra, I took a chance and handed over £3.50 and plugged it in (if it fits ......a relay is a relay).......WOOHOO she fired up, took her for a well earned 80 mile stint, LOVELY, relay running cool and clean. In my eyes I saved a fortune as they had not got around to touching her yet so no charge for any investigation, with the fortune I saved I decided to invest in a spare key/remote, they have ordered the key £150 inc. VAT and the Z is booked in next Tuesday to get key programmed of £50. I am a HAPPY BUNNY
  2. Midday Saturday after a bit of overtime I started the 350z up and sat there as it warmed, but, about one minute into my religious warming up before a blast routine she cut out, never done that before, restarted it and 5 seconds in it cut out again, from that point wouldn't even turn over, had a quick check of all related fuses and all seemed intact. Called RAC and within 30 mins they arrived, after a lot of head scratching he started wiggling the relays in the fuse box behind battery as I tried the ignition and woohoo she started and was running fine, as car happily ticked over I looked at the rogue relay and said 'that's wierd, it has an orange led behind it and is illuminating the back of the relay'............NAAAAAA it was actually one of the prongs melting, engine off, relay out, the relay was rusty behind and the melting prong had rotted through and was arcing across to the remaining piece of prong which was now embedded in it's socket, after a lot of poking around I got it out but the internal contact was too rotted, I got the RAC to take it to my local Nissan garage as it will need a complete new fuse/relay box. Very strange that the relay had rusted/rotted but not even a spec of dust anywhere else on the fuse board. I have got to phone the Nissan garage in the morning to get it sorted, service guys where not there when it turned up, won't be cheap but she's my baby.
  3. eBay will have any bolt you need, get stainless, job done
  4. Hi I bought one of these all singing all dancing Chinese head units to replace the inevitable skipping BOSE unit, after a problem getting the 'AMP ON' wire to do it's job and ending up splicing into aerial amp wire to do the job I decided to hotwire the steering wheel controls into the unit, after loads of scanning the net and reading over and over that I needed a special patch lead I decided to just go for a straight hotwire into the 3 leads coming out of the new unit that where marked as 'OPTIONAL1,2 and GND' I put HU into learning mode and WOW it works, the only thing that is a bit off is that the TELEPHONE button copies the SEEK DOWN No worries about that one Sorry if this has been covered before, I never found it. 350z '06 Facelift Eonon G2013ZE (£194........EBay)
×
×
  • Create New...