My Car is leaking!!

Danny350z

I just dropped something down the side of the drivers seat (door side) and stuck my hand down to retrieve it. Imagine my suprise when I felt damp. So I pressed firmly against the carpet with my hand and it was soaking!

Checked the passengers door side and under passengers seat and it was dry as a bone. Stuck hand under driver seat and it seems to be just around door area. Then I pulled the drivers side floor mat up and sure enough, the carpet is wet!

Argh, what the hell?

Where's it coming in, how do I stop it and more importantly, does my car have some hidden history that is likely to have been the cause of this?!

Can't see signs of water getting in around the windscreen. Carpet isn't wet around the pedals either, it's just around the part between the drivers seat an the plastic bit on the floor near the pedals, and down the side of the drivers seat by the door :(

ok. this is wots happening.......... double sided tape is holding the weather strip on .... the water is getting through the tape where it has probally become unstuck.......... is there drips of water going on the top of your door trim..........

ok.. it also runs down the door shut behind the weather strip along the kick plate and into the foot well............. if u take the kick plate trim off you will see the evidance.......

Is the kick plate the thing with the big 'Z' on it? I'll try to look when it's not absolutely peeing it down. How do I get it off?

the water then runs down into the footwell............. if you remove the polystarine in the dip thats where the water collects.!!........ but because its behind the weatherstrip u cant see it commin in....!! :headhurt:

You're right I think. I opened the door earlier when I went out and there's loads of drops on the kickplate. I always assumed it dripped off when I opened the door but I checked the passenger side and it was dry. I guess it's gettign in somehow and dripping all over the kickplate, then running down the side. :(

• 2 years later...

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would add to this one but I don't know how that will work if this thread is two years old...

My car is parked at a station car park all day and it rained a lot yesterday. I got back to the Zed in the evening and the passenger footwell was wet - not just a bit wet but completely sodden. It sounds like the story on this thread. It's quite an alarming amount of water. There is no obvious place where it is coming from. The ceiling is dry, the windscreen surround is dry. The hole around the near the back of the centre console where the passenger's right foot would be seems to be dry. I think I had better take it to the dealer to have it sorted out - although I'm off on holiday tomorrow so that may be tricky. The car was very steamy this morning so I had the windows down and the heat on full.

One query though: "it also runs down the door shut behind the weather strip along the kick plate and into the foot well" says someone above. But what is a weather strip?! (Sorry be a bit dim about this).