Steering Wheel Phone Control

Neil

Thinking about fitting a double din head unit with hands free and steering controls.

I know that I can adjust volume, skip tracks etc using the steering control but will I lose the phone control?

Has anyone fitted a head unit that allows the use of the phone controls and if 'yes', can you tell me the make and model please?

Thanks

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also interested in the response to this (if any??) I want to change the HU but keep steering wheel controls and phone.

Hi Matt,

Thought I would let you know that I have fitted a Pioneer SPH-DA120 HU and conversion kit from Incartec, and can tell you that the phone button works ;)

Neil

What do you think of the pioneer? How much was the conversion kit? Hoping to buy my first 350z next week and I'll be looking to upgrade the Bose. I'm so bloody excited.

To be honest, I'm yet to be impressed with the sound quality, particularly the bass. With the OEM HU, the bass was deep and punchy. Although I have only been listening to it for about 30 minutes so far (finished it today), I need to make sure I have wired everything correctly.

The features of the unit are quite good especially of you want to bluetooth with your phone. The call quality is good too.

One thing though - I can't work out how to switch the bloody thing off :lol: :lol:

Still learning at the moment... ;)

Neil