Drivers window stopped working

Paddy1

Hi , yesterday my drivers window was very slow , when I got back in to go home from work it had stopped working ( not dropping when opening the door either ) the passenger side is fine , i'ved looked in the fuse boxes but can't find one which is labeled for the windows ? Or do I need a new motor ? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

My passenger side was slow working when i bought mine and 3 weeks later it died. Common issue in 350s! Its more than likely the motor than the electrics. There are DIY refurbs for replacing or cleaning the brushes in the motor which i did. Temp fix as it only lasted 2 weeks but others have had better success from it. Just forked out the £200+ for a new motor in the end.

Search 350z drivers motor on google and a few DIY links will come up. I can't paste the link to the one i used as its blocked!

Good luck :thumbs:

use the aircon :lol: only time not having a working window annoyed me was when entering and leaving car parks - trying to reach round the window glass makes you look like a bit of a berk.

Oh and occasionally when it was particularly hot the window would drop by itself, and then took some persuasion to go back up again.

But I lived with it for the full 3 years I owned the car, had better things to spend £200 on!

• Like 1

use the aircon :lol: only time not having a working window annoyed me was when entering and leaving car parks - trying to reach round the window glass makes you look like a bit of a berk.

Oh and occasionally when it was particularly hot the window would drop by itself, and then took some persuasion to go back up again.

But I lived with it for the full 3 years I owned the car, had better things to spend £200 on!

Lmao :lol:

Edited by ZedManTID

Hi thx for the replies , don't think I can go without being able to open the drivers window lol , ( could prob cope if it was the passenger side) , looks like I need a new motor then Clarke motor sport have them for £184 prob get one from them , thx for the advise