JDM head unit replacement

Lupes

Hi forumites. I have a 2002/2003 import fairlady. New car to me and I am electronically challenged. The car has the jap satnav and standard cd/radio installed. The previous owner bought a replacement head unit and had a go at replacing it himself, found it did not have euro connectors in the rear and gave up, leaving everything in situ but not plugged in (so no audio of any kind at present).

I have no intention of replacing this myself and therefore took it to an established audio shop here in Tamworth (tamworth auto electrics) and had a chat with one of the owners. Now....he didn't actually say "F*** off and take that piece of JDM shite off my forecourt" - but that is exactly what I heard.

He gave me 15 minutes of sucking in breath and talk of nightmare scenarios. Explaining that the units are inextricably linked and work on different planes of existence (electronically challenged remember). Something about the rear bose sub not linking to new head units, narrow bands or something. etc etc...then more sucking of breath.

Is he talking crap? Can anyone recommend a good audio installer who has worked on jap imports without crying into his hankie? I am close to Tamworth but can travel pretty much anywhere...cos I got a Zed :-)

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Lupes