HELP! Pioneer 2400BT Install

pjf1985

Right I'm about to tackle my Pioneer 2400BT installation but I'm stuck on where these wires go? I bought my unit second hand and it has this aerial adapter on it. Should I remove it at the red connector section and connect it to the other blue "amplifier remote turn on" wire?

IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

Iv fit that unit in my zed and it did not have one off them on it , it just had a standard one I just plugged in to the head unit :-)

It looks like the car it came from needed a remote power wire to the aril that's why the have put the amp power wire to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

Yep mate :-). Have you got all the right adapters as well ? Are you only changing the head unit ?

Ok cheers. Yes I have the steering control interface and patch lead, also got the fascia. Only changing the headunit

Edited by pjf1985

Yep mate :-). Have you got all the right adapters as well ? Are you only changing the head unit ?

Ok cheers. Yes I have the steering control interface and patch lead, also got the fascia. Only changing the headunit

look up the buster mod on here mate because the head unit plays really low volume . Also you will need to by pass the handbrake safety switch so you can watch the DVD when driving :-)

look up the buster mod on here mate because the head unit plays really low volume . Also you will need to by pass the handbrake safety switch so you can watch the DVD when driving :-)

Thanks, I've done the handbrake bypass. Is the Buster mod really necessary?

I think it is mate. I first fit my head unit with out doing at and was not impressed :-) but when I did do it I was impressed.

OK I'll look into doing the mod then :)

Just to confirm, sorry if I'm being dumb! So looking at my second photo I've uploaded, all I need to do is cut the wire at the red connector I have on there and connect that part to the other blue "amp remote turn on" wire? Is that correct?

Yes but !! Can you not just remove the connection from out off the see throw part and connect it there,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I could do that, just thought it may be easier this way and I have a better length wire to play with?

• Like 1

Yes but !! Can you not just remove the connection from out off the see throw part and connect it there,

Yes I could do that, just thought it may be easier this way and I have a better length wire to play with?

its up to u then mate :-) if u like having a long length. Where abouts are you based at ?

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

its up to u then mate :-) if u like having a long length. Where abouts are you based at ?

Who doesn't like a long length? :lol: I'm from Woodbridge in Suffolk mate :)

• Like 1

I was longer removing the plastics than fitting the head unit .

Yeah know what you mean, does take an age. I've left all of the screws and stuff out for now as I cba to keep taking them in and out.

Edited by pjf1985