O2 Sensors took a bashing!

Deklan

Hi All,

Ive had an issue recently where a decat pipe sheared at the o2 sensor at some MPH, the result was the O2 sensor smashing along the ground and ripping out of the plug.

I have just had replacement pipes and have installed them along with the O2 sensor that took a bashing. Looked ok but the wires were exposed, so i have heat shinked them and reinstalled.

Car runs fine however the CEL is on, plugged the laptop in. This brought back the usual P0430 Catalyst system fault as my previous spacers didn't fit and I'm waiting on new ones, however it also though a P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2. The thing is the sensor that took a passing is the drivers side one, and this fault code refers to the passengers. My question is are the plugs interchangeable, I.E have i plugged the Drivers O2 into the Passengers and visa versa.

I have just a new Drivers O2 but I'm worried now that the passenger one has gone!!! Can anyone help! its driving me mad now thinking about it!

Heres the result of the pipe and O2 :(

9540104441_fa972dc8b6.jpg

9540105153_6d0b6dbf1f.jpg

9540107777_512a625107.jpg

9540108409_96d0842c22.jpg

9486070942_9de5eea715.jpg

I'm not sure that they are interchangeable, plugs are different colours (green and blue I think) O2 sensors can get cooked without spacers when using decats but often lambda sensor faults get thrown up for fun. I'd get the spacers in reset the code, disconnect the battery overnight, connect it back up and let it idle for 15-20 mins before you drive it. Has often done the trick for me as it helps wipe the ecu memory of the fault as opposed to resetting it.

Hmm, well the spacers are ordered, I hope your right and its just that, dont want to have to buy two o2 sensors! I was reading somewere that on other nissans theres a fuse for the O2 Sensors and if they get wet they blow the fuse. is this true on the 350?