Boot release and door chime

MartynB85

Hi

I've had a fun weekend fitting a new stereo and speakers into the zed, apart from having a sore back everything working as it should.

However now I have an annoying chime if the drivers side door is open and the key is in the ignition, even if the engine is running. Any ideas why? Is this normal as I've never noticed it before.

And now the boot release doesn't work, no noise or anything, it's just dead. Any ideas where the wiring is routed and where the fuse is? It worked perfectly before I started so maybe I've broke something.

Has anyone tried to open the boot using the pull tab under the strut brace, with a zenclosures sub and a boot full of gear? It's bloody difficult lol.

Cheers

Fuse will probably be in the drivers footwell mate.

Hi mate, just checked the fuse box in the footwell, the fuses don't seem to match the diagram whichever way round I look at it lol. Anyway the diagram says the fuse for the boot is also the same one for the petrol lid and that works fine so it can't be the fuse. I'll have to have a proper look on the weekend.

• 11 months later...