TCS / ABS Problems?

Leenx

Guys

Reading the thread on the JDM section for user manuals. Checked the manual that Lomoto posted - have I mis-interperated the section on braking systems?

1. It seems conclusive that all import Zeds come with ABS as standard. TCS / VDC / LS etc all added extras?

2. Assuming I have ABS and I know I have TCS (I have the switch for on/off underneath steering wheel) it says if ABS and TCS is malfunctioning - the ABS / TCS warning lights will come on either when you start up the engine or when travelling. Now my TCS and I think ABS lights do come on ( very suddenly then go off) BUT at very rare and infrequent times and I always thought this was just reassuring you they were working during times when perhaps you wee really testing the capabilities of her? :D

Could someone give me some clarification if possible please? :thumbs:

TCS Slip will light up when you are losing traction.

Additionally you may be aware of a drop in engine performance as the pooter limits the power going to the rear wheels... ;)

You may also, if on a corner, experience the phenomena of viewing the hedgerow through the windscreen instead of through the side windows. :teeth:

I have recently seen my TCS light coming on at high speed whilst accelerating. I have put this down to the Bridgestones :thumbdown: that need replacing on the rear coupled with rain. :scare:

However, my ABS light does not come on when this happens... In fact I have never seen my ABS light come on other than when I first switch the ignition on...

Mebbee a loose wire somewhere?

Come to think of it, maybe it's only the TCS I've seen come on and this has been when I've put my foot down a bit more than normal out of a stoney path :teeth: . So might be alright after all.

Anyone else?

does it light up "slip " ?