Interior Electrics Question.

Charlie Purvey

Hi all, been looking through the site at threads trying to find out as much as i can about the 350 before buying one in the early months of 2013, ive also been and test drove a couple - by couple i mean two coupe and convertible.

I noticed whilst in the convertible (first one i tried) there are lots of switches so spent some time getting to know what they all do and noticed that the passenger seat had 2 electronic switches for adjustment built into the seat...... I then test drove the coupe and noticed that the coupe only had 1 electronic switch in/on the passenger seat. Ive been searching project threads and for sale threads to see if it was just that coupe that had only one adjuster switch or if it was the same across the board and it seems that all the coupe version only have 1 electric switch and all the convertibles have 2??

Could someone shed some light as to why this is the case and if it was down to customer specification or just designed that way??

Thanks guys and girls!!

Charlie

At a guess, I would say that the coupe has a manual adjuster because it makes it easier to flip it all the way forward to access the glove box. I'd imagine that the convertible doesn't have that glove box, as surely it would be where the roof storage area is?

Again, complete guess.

DB

Makes complete sense i guess, so does the passenger seat not recline on the convertible??

Thanks

Charlie

At a guess, I would say that the coupe has a manual adjuster because it makes it easier to flip it all the way forward to access the glove box. I'd imagine that the convertible doesn't have that glove box, as surely it would be where the roof storage area is?

Again, complete guess.

DB