Reverse Light / Reverse Camera problem

T90zero

hi guys, having major problems and would really appreciate any feedback or knowledge you can share with me, asap, as i sort of have the interior of my car in pieces.

Basically, i was fitting a reverse camera to the car, all fine and simple and wired as follows -

1.Camera Vid Signal to R.C in (should explain i have an aftermarket H/U).

2. Cam power + spliced into the reverse light wire (light green with silver stripe).

3. Cam Sense wire also spliced into reverse light wire and then attached to the H/U reverse sensing wire (part of the iso loom)

Now all was fine and working in regards to the actual reverse light but the cam wasn't working........then.......DOH! i forgot to wire the cams power ground to the chassis. As soon as i did this, the reverse light stopped working, and the cam still wasn't working.

I removed the cams loom from the cars wiring and temp wired it to a cctv battery and monitor to check the cam works, and it did just fine.

I also checked that the bulb still worked and it did but just not when attached to the cars wiring!

Now i have a couple of questions,

1. is there as separate fuse for the reverse light? (all other lights and electrics working in car)

2. could the reverse switch (below the gear stick) have blown? like some sort of fuse there or relay?

3. could something have happened to the cars computer that may affect any of this?

Really any knowledge or feedback on issues of this nature would be appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this somewhat boring post!

Luke