Changed pads to DS2500 (Brembo calipers)

Ash007

Hello,

just changed my pads last night after doing 14000 miles. Bought the pads of Bigphil, (thanks Phil). Got to say if anyone is hesitant in doing pad changes, it is very easy on this car. All in all, it took me around 1h45mins to do.

Compared to the BM i had without removing the calipers makes it so much easier to do..

I also wanted to ask, does anyone know, if there is a bedding in procedure for this?? sometime ago i read this on another post, but cant find it..

Thanks

:)

I also have these pads, tjey are already bedded in from the factory, but in the instructions that came with them, they do recommend doing around 20 medium forced stops from a medium driving speed. They are referring to the procedure to be followed on a circuit since they are racing pads - s o you interpret medium how you like;) . Be careful in the cold weather coming up to stop lines or give ways - they may not have quite as good initial bite (whilst cold) as the original ferrodo pads that you took out.

Pads are NOT bedded in from the factory.

To ensure prime operation carry out the following:-

On a straight traffic free road take the car up to 70mph, brake firmly down to 30mph repeat this 5 or 6 times. This will condition the pads (heatwise) and remove any pad material build up on the disc from the old pads.

Initial bite from cold should not be an issue with these pads.