Carputer or Nurrish??

yyiryyib

Ok,

So im trying to decide between 2 options,

1) install Nurrish system - No hassles!

2) install my old Carputer with a new screen into the din - Upside is that its far more flexible than nurrishes system, CD's, Extra software etc.

What do people think? Both will prob cost me the same as i have the basic components for each Except the screen for the carputer and the centrafuse software ... but Nurrishs system is devishly simply and comes as an all in one, so no hassles with building a mount, runnings cables etc etc etc.

So im open! I honestly cant decide. Anyone who has Nurrish's system, what are the downsides and upsides? and the same with the carputer, a couple of questions, 1st how easy was the mounting of the base unit? and second how did you fit the screen in the cubby and how much does a new navcubby cost to replace my nav free one?

Let me know!!!

Cheers,

Nurrish pros

- Sat nav is best I've used - beats garmin and tom tom

- Screen quality/image quality is good, doesn't handle sun glare but not sure what screen really would

- Reverse camera plugs straight in, auto switches when in reverse

- bluetooth phone works well (but see cons)

- pretty quick and easy to fit, looks factory (once you move the central switch anyway)

- loads up from off quickly

Nurrish cons

- maybe just mine, but the 3.5mm audio out is such bad quality it's not useable which means I can't use it for MP3's etc and the sat nav voice doesn't come over radio so I can't actually hear directions until I rig up an inline amplifer and seperate speaker

- due to the above it makes the bluetooth useless for me as you can't hear anyone over the inbuilt speaker :rant:

- doesn't auto off, just a minor niggle but you gotta turn it off/sleep mode it manually each time.. and if it turns off then you have to turn it on manually when you get in (altho if battery does hold it in sleep then it comes straight on, maybe i dont drive mine enough but its always flat)

- had to "improve" the wiring a fair bit, maybe I'm just a bit of a perfectionist but I wanted it to be all neat and tidy even if it is hidden in the dash.

- on the above note, mine had a massive black switch in the middle of the screen section, didn't like this at all so I extended it and mounted it under the steering wheel out of sight, I then used some of the old cubby hole liner to line the plastic bit in front of the screen, now it looks completely standard :thumbs:

So in all, it's bloody good for sat nav, reverse camera and cool points. If the audio out on mine worked properly id be a lot happier, but to be very honest I think I prefer using the ipod hack for an ipod... I'll just fit a seperate speaker and inline amplifier to sort the phone and sat nav voice problem.

Hope that helps a bit.

I'd definetly reccomend one. It's hassle free and works well for most people, few niggly bits but the pros outweigh the cons I think!

Sparks your in portsmouth?? Im home in a few weeks, could i come and look at your system?? I live just outside of havant.

Hi yeah I'm sure we can meet up sometime, give me a shout by PM :thumbs:

p.s I've been away in the car all weekend and a major downside to the nurrish system is 95% of the time I couldn't see the screen for glare! Need to look into anti-glare coverings I guess :dry: