I O Play (bluetooth)

HassanZ

Hi everybody.

I was just looking at purchasing the Bluetooth I O Play device.

Are these any good? Would they work with my existing Bose stereo and bluetooth module?

I have never heard of these before so don't want to purchase it if it's a waste of time!

When you play music through this device, what is the quality like?

Does any body currently use it in their Zed? Is there a lot of preparation work necessary to get this to work?

I appreciate your help guys and I apologise for the million questions!

Hassan

From what ive seen the ioplay wont work with the bose system but should work fine with the standard radio. It works similar to a Parrot system by using its own amp to bypass your radio and power the speakers itself.

Ah..thank you guys for clarifying this for me :thumbs: Luckily I didn't buy it otherwise I would have wasted my money!

I got excited thinking now I don't have to stick to the 6 CDs that's been in there ever since i bought the car and can listen to music of my iPhone!

So the bluetooth module does not do anything other than store numbers and transmit phone calls to/from a phone.

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Ah..thank you guys for clarifying this for me :thumbs: Luckily I didn't buy it otherwise I would have wasted my money!

I got excited thinking now I don't have to stick to the 6 CDs that's been in there ever since i bought the car and can listen to music of my iPhone!

So the bluetooth module does not do anything other than store numbers and transmit phone calls to/from a phone.

Many Thanks,

Hassan

You could do the ipod bose hack though where you solder a 3.5mm audio jack cable to the contacts on the tape deck.. it's relatively easy to do if you have a bit of confidence and some soldering experience.

I recently done it to mine and it works perfectly. I am going to change the lead to a powered ipod plug one soon so that I can play and charge at the same time. Have a search on here as there are loads of threads about the ipod hack.

Here's a pic, you can see the lead plugged into iphone and tucks out of sight when not in use.

350zsatnavinstall1.jpg