replacing the bose HU, do have all the right stuff

wilshdk

hi,

will apologise in advance for sounding like a complete plum, but i am replacing the skippy bose HU, and i need to buy all the required gear and transport it all back to Denmark for a semi-pro to fit it all for me!!!

So after reading reams and reams of posts.... to fit a Kenwood HU (DNX9260bt) .... i have worked out i need....

1. ICT 50-256 facia

2. ICT 29-674 bose USC loom

3. ICT 29-005 kenwood HU lead

4. KCA iP301v (ipod connection)

5. Kenwood CCd 2000 reversing camera

Special information to give to my fitter ( mate)...

1. new HU earth connection is required

Now the stuff i am unsure of.....

1. May be an issue with voltage?? affecting the max volume... inline booster required?? any ideas of a part number??

2. Does the reversing camera come with all the leads required?

3. And obviously taking the birdspew satnav out... does this leave me with a nice dash cubby or do i need to buy something??

4. Any tips for removal of it all and install of the reversing camera, would be nice! link to a sticky perhaps??

thanks for reading.. i know its asking alot, but if anyone has fitted any of this and came across any probs/issues, would appreciate to know in advance... thanks

My headunit (Pioneer p4300dvd) has 4v pre-outs so it didn't need inline booster! My unit goes plenty loud - never had it full volume as I have had it to a point where my ears were almost bleeding and the standard GT speaker/sub set were distorting.

According to that system's spec (http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/pr ... T/details/) you have 5v pre-outs so I don't think you'll need to boost the volume. I especially went for a head unit with a decent pre-out voltage as I didn't want any added interference issues with using boosters. Many head units coming with around 2v, which is why people sometimes feel the need for boosters - with 5v I'm pretty sure you won't need to boost that!