Im getting really restless now lol

Freebird

After this past week of awesome weather here, i have been blasting around in the VX220 with the roof off loving every second of it. However i still really want shot of it as my brain keeps wondering "just imagine if you were blasting around in your new zed B) "

I just really want it to sell so i can start my hunt my 350 :cloud9:

Cant wait to come and join the fold :drive1

am i sad? :blush:

I remember you off .org mick do you still have the VX or have you done what i am about to do :p

Thing is currently i dont feel like i will miss the VX experience but i know down the line i will. Shame i didnt win the euro millions then i could have both :D

Hi Freebird...

I sold VX a few years back... after much engine, suspension and set-up mods... made a great track tool and entered several sprints... and scored a couple of :#2: this led me to try some saloon racing... and then purchased a racing caterham which I had two full seasons... great fun but expensive time and money.... very competitive and a massive step up from track days to those with a few years track and race experience...

So sold the caterham tow car and bought the Zed... occassional track day use... but have just had re-map, brake upgrade etc... but will stop there.... as also have a R1 for weekend fun...

(what was your alias on .org ? you must have been one of the original bunch/early member as well then ? - good times with the VX crew :thumbs: )

on .org im known as madfreebird. Did you used to have the stage 5 VXR by any chance? If so you actually follwed me on the L2B about 3 years back lol.

Like i say i do remember you from back then anyway, and your right about the VX crew. Great bunch of people, although a lot of the awesome people have moved on now. People like Fab are still about and in all honesty always will be. I intend on getting to some VX meets even if i do have a z, I have made some good friends over the past three or so years.

You may also remember me from having LY79 that burst into flames and died :( it was minimis old car. Thre a rod in Cyl 3 and well the rest was history.

What are your thoughts on the zed anyway after having such lightweight nimble toys before hand? I personally thought that the 350 deals with its weight very well, it doesnt at all feel as heavy as it infact is. It also has the creature comforts i would like, such as an actual interior :lol:

Hi

I do recall your alias :thumbs: and knew minime and his car very well (catching fire does ring a distant bell - a sad day).

Mine was stage 5 NA as shown.

The Zed has all the creature comforts you could want and is a real GT mile muncher in style.

Yes it handles it's weight very well with safe and predicatble handling. Luckily each track day for me so far has been dry so can push quite hard in the twisties with ESP off, as you still feel the movement on the bum of your seat.

The difference between Zed and VX/caterham is that there is a slight delay when you turn in to when you feel what the car is doing (on stock suspension/ride hieght etc).... but you still get fast enough feedback to catch car and feel what is happening.

Plus having the LSD means it will spit you out in the wet with ESP not enabled.... but again under controlled conditions is good fun.

You'll enjoy the warmth, ease of getting in and out, storage space, air con and demister !! plus a lot more miles to a tank full. You'll still get admiring looks but no as many as in the VX.

hope this helps...

I think i do remember that car in all honesty and everything you have said in your post is pretty much what i expected and the reasons im changing from the VX :D

One cant have all the bases covered so some compromises must be made, which after m time with the VX220 im more than happy to do.