z badges & indicators going for 370z z repeaters

wide

right as some of you know im de-badging my kuro black gt front & back & couldn't make up my mind wether to get rid of the side z badges & what to do about the indicators. we'll ive finally made my mind up & i hope i havent bitten off more than i can chew, im getting rid of both the badges & side repeaters for the 370z side led z repeaters, saw dcash's & thought it looked the dogs danglers the problem is he told me it wasn't an easy fit so lets hope my body shop are upto the task.

here's dcash'

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21303&start=150

also thinking of changing the front reflectors for clear & if not too hard the reflectors in the lights too. so i guess another question is how hard is it to change the orange strip in the front lights???

thanks matt (wide)

you will have to bake the headlight in the microwave and open it to get to the reflectors. There is a guide somewhere. Much as i dislike the orange reflector strip in the headlight, i just haven't got the balls to do it..things always go tits up when i touch it :lol:

The 350Z is full of unnecessary orange reflectors..will probably suit the bronze or sunset orange Zed but not the rest of us. If they had not put all this reflectors in in the first place..we wouldn't have to get rid of them..the front bumper reflector, the orange strip in the headlights, the red rear bumper fog light reflector etc :bang:

cars gone into the body shop today!

fully de-badged front & back, side indicators & z badges removed & 370z led repeaters replced.

the side indicators need a plate welded onto the inside of the wing then fibre glassing to fill the holes left by the indicators & the new 370z repeators need to be cut in were the z badges are & wings sprayed, bumper filled with fibre glass then sprayed & the back filled & sprayed too. all in all alot of work that i wouldn't normally be having done if i wasn't already having some body work. i think i got abit carried away, but it should look amazing when its back, ive also got some new 19" 5zigen +520 alloys to go on. can't wait till its all done!

haven't got any pictures, but the back of the 370z repeator has a massive housing which is only say 5 mm all round smaller than the outside of the badge. i hadnt realised it was going to be like that either when i ordered them, thought it would have a normal back but no, it needs probably a 4-5 cm circle cutting into the wing also the new badges are a couple of mm bigger but that shouldnt be a problem. if like me your going to do it properly & get rid of the indicators too, its a bloody big job!!!

hope this helps. matt