BOSE AUX cable mod and bluetooth questions

HaydnH

Hi All,

I recently bought an '07 313 GT Roadster, which so far I'm very happy with, however, I've got a few questions about bluetooth for phone use & the Bose aux mod. I apologise if some of my questions have been answered before, I've searched around and found useful threads - but they don't seem to cover all my questions.

1) Bluetooth for phone use, considering my Z doesn't even have a cradle in the middle cubby, let alone the Bluetooth adaptor, it's just an empty cubby:

- Are these easy to purchase? If so where from? I've seen a few "PM XYZ" messages but not sure if they're still around being a new member. I'd obviously need more than just the BT adaptor.

- As I don't have a cradle, will I definitely have a mic? Where's this located so I can check?

- Is the cradle/BT adaptor easy to fit? i.e: are the connectors going to be present below the cubby?

- The cradle appears to be right in the middle of the cubby, can this be offset to allow room for a phone cradle also? In the phot's I've seen there seems to be a screw hole in the bottom of the cubby.

- Can you only operate the phone from the phone itself? Depends on the phone I guess?

2) I'll be doing the BOSE MP3 AUX cable mod at some point as per the FAQ:

- I'd like to attach power to phone in the middle cubby - is there somewhere I can get power from easily near the cubby? A simple micro-usb cable would suffice.

- I guess you have to press play on the tape before any sound is heard via mp3? I'm guessing this is fairly quiet if the tape has no internals?

- Can you still play tapes with the aux cable attached? Hopefully I'll have room in the head unit for a proper socket, I'm wondering if I'd need a switch or anything to allow tape usage again or not.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Haydn.

- I'd like to attach power to phone in the middle cubby - is there somewhere I can get power from easily near the cubby? A simple micro-usb cable would suffice.

I assume roadsters also have a rear lighter socket you can tap into?

- I guess you have to press play on the tape before any sound is heard via mp3? I'm guessing this is fairly quiet if the tape has no internals?

It'll play when you pop in the dummy tape or when you press "Tape". It's near silent even with the engine off

- Can you still play tapes with the aux cable attached? Hopefully I'll have room in the head unit for a proper socket, I'm wondering if I'd need a switch or anything to allow tape usage again or not.

As long as you don't break the tracks on the PCB you can slot a real tape in and it'll play as normal. Not sure about adding a socket at the head unit end because there's limited space behind it. You could add a socket in the cubby wall though if you want a factory look :D