Help - are these 350Z spacers?!?

kazman

Hi,

I purchased some 350Z spacers from someone on the boards, but unless i am being very thick, i cant see how these possibly bolt to the hubs...

011.jpg

010.jpg

As you can see, the spacers are not tapped and have no counterbore, and so there is no way of:

A fixing the bolts to the hubs or

B Preventing the heads of the supplied bolts from protruding.

The other pair are tapped and do have the nessesary counterbores....

Am i missing something, or are they just plain wrong?

Thanks!

Hmmm, somethings just dawned on me... do i need to change the studs for these ones? It would explain why there are 10 bolts / studs and no nuts....

Arse, if so, how much of a job is this?

The spacers you are showing look like universal type spacers that likely require (depending on spacer thickness) longer wheel studs.

Ideally you should use a "motorsport" type spacer that bolts to the hub (countersunk bolts) and then attaches to the rim with separate bolts like the ones I have for sale (cheeky plug) - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38761

Thanks for the reply.

I do have he longer wheel studs, hopefully they will be the correct length to accommodate the wheel without being too long so the wheel does not pull up tight...

Anyone have idea how long a standard wheel stud is? I assume the studs I have should be 20mm (ie the width o the spacer) longer?

Hmmm, somethings just dawned on me... do i need to change the studs for these ones? It would explain why there are 10 bolts / studs and no nuts....

Arse, if so, how much of a job is this?

Yes - these are system 6 spacers (which require tapping in new studs) as opposed to system 4 spacers (which are bolt on)

I need system 6 due to the nature of my alloys, but dont know how easy to fit yet. If you are have standard Rays then the system 4 will be a lot less hassle to fit etc

What size are they - I might be interested taking them off you for the right price if you don't want the hassle of fitting?

David

N.B. - system 4/6 refers to Eibach spacers, not sure what your are

(explained here http://www.venommotorsport.com/eibach-w ... acers.html)

You are spot on regarding the type 4 and type 6 info, I googles this info from the data on the box.

The type 6 ones are 20mm thick (eibachs). They are brand new and have the longer studs. Pm me if you are interested. As you say, type 4's would make my life much easier (that's what the rear 25mm thick ones I have are).

Failing that I will be removing callipers and discs in the near future...