Spec me some cleaning products!

friddela

Well, I cleaned my car yesterday, took about 5 hours because I wanted to take my time... Was absolutely shattered, so unfit.

I was impressed by most of the products, thought the wax and lime prime were amazing, really made it shine. The drying towel I bought was great too, soaked all the water up twice over with no problems.

I was a bit disappointed with the clay, didn't do as much as I thought it would but it just shows my paintwork is probably in a worse state then I thought. After cleaning it, I can see the imperfections more than ever... Think it needs a professional polish to get rid of some of the bits... I'm planning on getting a kit so that will require a spray anyway so will hold off on that until I know what I'm doing.

The red mist bottle didn't spray either so I had to use another bottle which didn't so much spray as it did squirt which made it a little harder... Can't believe how much I had to buff the red mist, was hard work. I only let the wax cure for a bout 5 hours because I was going out and I knew it was going to rain, which it did.

All in all, was a good day and a good learning experience.

One thing I was going to ask, do you wash your drying towel, microfibre towels and applicators after each was or leave it for a couple? I'm guessing the applicators don't need washing as they will be used with the same products anyway.