Just a quickie

Shaun1982

I know.lol.I knew someone would say dont bother :lol: my reasoning is that my sub bos is waaayyyy too big to fit in the zed,as is my amp,then add to that the fact ive lost a very important part of my alpine d310rb so doing anythin likethat is not going to happen now.lol.

Saying that i do miss 'some sort' of bass,hence why i considered if i can get a bose cheap enough & the sub itl 'have' to do :lol:

what amp cant you fit ? my amps hidden under the glovebox and theres oodles of space behind the drivers side too.

if you dont have the bose its a MUCH EASYER upgrade path.

decent HU

new front speakers (run them off HU and will sound better than the bose )

monoblock amp

small ish sub in bose spot , as you dont have the bose you dont have the silly metal plate there to take out you can just stick the box in.

orrrr make a custom box for the boot somewhere , either way there lots of room for amps under the glove box trust me youl get a faily big mutli chan in there maybe 2 small amps.

Yoko ive got a box made up to fit in the standard space that ive had for ages.lol.When i worked it out it was going to cost me £500 on a deal with my local audio shop to get the rockford shallow sub i wanted & a rockford amp to power that & componants up front.Add to that £150 for the comps,around £100 for new wiring again as i dont want to use what ive got already.

The part thats gone missing from my headunit is the dc convertor so basically the h.u is useless,thats £100 from Alpine :thumbdown: then as loads of people have said theres a silly amount of £ on sound deadening too.

The amp that i was running the 12" Kicker L7 ive got is the Audiobahn A2200hct,its the size of a pillow on your bed,thats only half the problem though :lol: the box for the L7 is the size of a double 12" box so it wont go in the zed anywhere :bangin:

My thoughts exactly sunset,but at the same time i refuse to pay £100 for it aswell,you can bet that itl turn up if i bought another.Ill have a look on ebay now but last time i looked theres one person in america that does it :thumbdown:

Edit: just had a look,theres not even any anywhere else on ebay either

Thats easier said than done though,even though i paid alot for the stuff ive got ill not get anywhere near enough to get what i want,then a few hundred in sound deadenin to stop it rattling to bits.lol.

Its always the same aint it,people want what youve got then follow it up with 'but i havent got any more yet' :yawn: why ask then :rant:

The £100 is just for the DC to DC unit i think its called,the silver box that a plug from the h.u goes in.Everythin else ive got,god knows where its got to when i took it out the fto with everything else

ok that amp is a monster ! but having said that you could get both the sub and the amp in between the strut bar and the rear seats , leaving you the space behind the driver for a second smaller amp to drive your comps. youd just have to make another box for the sub to go in that way you re use most everything.

with getting audio in wher theres a will theres quite often away just a case of how hard to make that way is .

yeah i keep lookin at the Zenclosure stuff but ideally id rather have everythin out the way. i did consider usin the front bit between the seats & the strut for a box & having the sub between the two seats & the amp tucked away in the wheel recess providing itd fit but even with tints the subs on clear view from the front

well theres lots of otions out there , wheel well ,between strut and seats would be my choice for a large sub. have you tought about facing back inot the boot and not upwards ? that would be hidden and the box would be flat and look like a shelf or cover as would the zenclosure style.

in th ebose space if you glassed right out to the edges that area youd have quite some volume but i dont know how much your l7 uses ?

oh dear , well you may have some room left for packet of crisps or drink in the Z :D

id say sell the big amp and l7 is your best bet , get a smaller mono amp matched to the sub wont cost that much.

i looked up those shallow rockford subs, nice kit wish i had seen them before i went for my 8 as all the other shallow mounts out there dont take the power , infact that sub would match my alpine amp spot on.

either way good luck it should give a good install .

i cant remember which rf amp it was i was after,sure it was around the £300 mark & gave enough juice to bridge 2 channels for the sub & run some comps fine.tried it in the glove box & it goes it there with room for a distribution block if needed and probably a cap too.

The good point about the box for the zed is i got them to leave a cut out for me to do incase i found a 12 instead of a 10 thatd work well & give decent power.

I doubt ill do anythin about it at all possibly this year as ive got a holiday to dominican to pay & save for B)

• 3 weeks later...

Right ive found a bose h.u that should well be very cheap,could i just buy it & bobs your auntie? or will i need a code etc & an amp for the speakers and that? I noticed one on ebay & its add said may need a code but youd have to check with nissan.

Dont want to buy one & it be useless :shrug:

the bose HU on it own wont work or do anything thats if it it would even plug in.

the bose setup has 2 amps, one in the boot for the main speaker and one behind the driver so youd need both or at least the small one then youd have to wire it all up just to get any sound !

looking at your other thread im not sure what you have at the mo.

i see the nissan nava dn whats probably the control boxes in the boot.

I have no clue of the boxes.lol.A Clarion Nissan box & god knows the bottom one.lol.Im guessin maybe the uk rapper who owned the car messed about with it :bangin: the rear speakers dont work & neither does the drivers tweeter,just not got around to pullin it all apart yet really :lol:

sounds like a right mess sooooo if i were you i would bin all but the nav !

get a mid range double din unit with bluetooth and usb/ipod (i love my jcv and its cheap at £400) since you already have nav.

the amp and sub youve been checking out plus a reasonable set of comps for the front and since you dont have boee the headunit would run them fine then when cash allows get them amped.