Engine difference between 2005 and 2006 models

Valveman

Thanks for the info

Checking Wikipedia and for those interested:

VQ35DE

The 3.5 L (3498 cc) VQ35DE is used in many modern Nissan vehicles. Bore and stroke are 95.5 mm and 81.4 mm. It uses a similar block design to the VQ30DE, but adds variable valve timing. It produces 231 PS (170 kW; 228 hp) to 302 PS (222 kW; 298 hp) of power and 246 to 268 ft·lbf (334 to 363 N·m) of torque.

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list from 2002 through to 2007. It features forged steel connecting rods, a microfinished one-piece cast crankshaft, and Nissan's nylon intake manifold technology. It has low-friction molybdenum-coated pistons and the intake is a high-flow tuned induction system.

A modified version of the VQ35DE, called the S1, is produced by Nismo (Nissan's motorsports and performance division) for the Fairlady Z S-Tune GT. It produces 300 PS (220 kW; 300 hp) at 7,200 rpm, a higher rev-limit than that of the original VQ35DE.

The modified version above I believe is used in the face lifted >2006 cars.

or the 350z wikipedia talks about the engine differences between the 2 engines - but if I remember correctly I think the change was from single overhead cams to twin overhead cams...

All modern car engines from 2000 onwards have twin overhead cams and 4 valves per cylinder. They need this to meet emission levels and targets.