Head Light Conversion

Danny 350Z

Hello all,

Alot of people have been very helpful on my welcome topic on the head light conversion to continental spec with the adjuster screws. But one question that seems to be an issue for people serving in Germany is 'Flat beam', i'e, Headlights not having the lighting 'Kick' to the left / right projecting higher on the nearside. Is this something, again, I can rectify with the adjuster screws? It's a european directive (Cheers Brussels) that the lights have the necessary kick (UK left kick, Continent, Right).

It's a pain in the @rse serving in Germany sometimes, but we do get taxfree fuel and dont pay road tax!!

Any ideas, fellow Z-Meisters?

Is it definitely flat beam?

From looking on the net I came across a PDF that reckoned the headlight markings would let you know if the lights were okay for both sides of the road. The important bit is the two-headed arrow and is near the bottom of this link:

http://www.acesales.co.uk/documents/Veh_Headlights.pdf

I'm a fair distance from my car at the moment ;) so would really appreciate it if someone could have a quick check on theirs (mine is an 04 plate btw).

If not, the rules seem pretty clear that it will fail the BFG inspection due to the flat beam and I guess the only option then is to find some EU standard headlights. Sounds pricey! :rant: