AVIC F700BT Advice- Fascia, Signal Booster, Aerial

Dex

After an evening of reading this forum I've decided what I'm going to add to my 2004 350z (GT pack with Bose stereo) - a Pioneer AVIC f700bt (the model down from the one srobrien has installed) along with the ipod connector which I'll route up to the dash cubby and make a custom dock for it.

I know that I need to get a fascia and was wondering if anyone can give advice whether the metra as used by srobrien is better than the fascia that's available on sextons:

http://www.installer.com/item/display_i ... it=99-7402

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/facia_pa ... 0-256.html

Is it worth me ordering the metra from the US?

I'm also wondering about the signal booster that is needed for the pioneer and alpine units. The links I've seen to the sextonsdirect site are no longer available and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a suitable line booster.

The final thing which I haven't been able to track down is whether I need an aerial adapter to connect into the f700bt. I've seen posts that it is necessary but nothing too definitive.

Apologies if I've missed threads that give this info - I've seen interesting posts and then tried to use the search functionality to find them again with no luck. It's most likely user error of course...

Finally if anyone has got any advice about how much room there is behind a double din unit when installed - is it a major squeeze or should I be alright finding space for the excess ipod connector wires.

Thanks in advance for your help

I think the one from sextons will be just as good, it took about a month for delivery from the states and i got hit with import charges, so if i had to do it again it would be from sextons.

The ariel should be a straight swap if its the same as the 900bt (which it most likely will be).

It is VERY tight behind the centre console...expect some skinned knuckles. Its best to run the ipod cable down though the arm rest to the cubby as it will free up some much needed room behind the HU.

Good luck

R :teeth:

Thanks for that srobrien.

That does remind me of one other thing I forgot to ask: The reason I'm not going to run the cable to the cubby to the left of the driver is that there is a massive nokia phone connection filling the central storage. Does anyone know what is involved to remove this?

If it's not too difficult then I'd rather put the ipod in the central cubby rather than the cubby above the stereo.

Also, does anyone know where to get the signal booster? I've been searching all day but I don't really know the specs of the Bose amplifier in order to work out what is needed. Does anyone know the model number of the amp as a starting point?

Thanks again.

The reason I'm not going to run the cable to the cubby to the left of the driver is that there is a massive nokia phone connection filling the central storage. Does anyone know what is involved to remove this?

I found one of these kits in my old BMW, i just ripped it out...lol, no mercy, attacked it with a set of snips and a screwdriver. Just make sure its not connected to any important bits...mine wasn't so i just went at it. You wont need it after you install your new HU as it has bluetooth integrated in to it.

R